Week 3 – Discussion Board 1

Welcome To Interpreters Associates, Inc. Forums Week 3 – Discussion Board 1

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

In at least 250 words talk about if you think present day legislation is enough. Do you see executive order 13166 being applied in your state? Respond to two fellow students by Monday.

Angela Mayfield
      Participant

So much has taken place since the first initial enactment of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This was so important, as it prohibited recipients of federal financial assistance from discriminating against anyone based on national origin or color and race. Among other things to be denied benefits or be subject to discrimination under any program or activities. This movement was huge for so many people indifferent cultural backgrounds and people of color. I feel currently the legislation based on this and the order 13166 in effect helps so many people that have a language barrier and need a translator. As far as our legislation now, I can’t say what I believe as we then get into too much politics. Our world has changed and evolved so much when Covid first hit us. So many people were affected. Jobs were lost and businesses closed.
      I don’t feel that everyone abides by this executive order, I feel some do and some don’t. I do think they are starting to implement more services and provide interpreters services for LEP’s. Just the other day Advanced Health sent out a letter to so many recipients, letting them know that there are translation services available for those with OHP. That’s great for people who are in need of translating services.
      I do feel that protecting one’s privacy is very important, and the HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes a set of national standards for protection of certain health information.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.