Reply To: Week 8 – Discussion Board 2

Welcome To Interpreters Associates, Inc. Forums Week 8 – Discussion Board 2 Reply To: Week 8 – Discussion Board 2

Author Discussion Board Replies
Sherley Montes # Posted on March 16, 2023 at 9:03 pm

There are various strategies I can use when approaching the world of medicine. In order to learn everything that comes along with it, I need to apply the use of techniques such as visualization and association. The use of vivid images helps gain retention. In addition, note taking is a crucial factor to boil down what’s important . Therefore, using this technique I am able to focus on the things that are important to learn and memorize terminology I may not be familiar with when I’m working with patients and doctors. Studying terminology is important when trying to learn all that comes with the medical field. So using techniques like physical stimulus to help embed words in my brain or repeating words twenty one times for the likelihood of retention will help me excel and implant the knowledge I need. I believe the area of medicine that is most common for interpreters is outpatient services so appointments like colonoscopies, mammograms, minor surgeries, physical exams, and physical therapy. The medical field has a wide range of specialities and areas of medicine. Due to the various areas of medicine, I am open to continuously learning and studying. Therefore, in order to make my interpreting skills stronger I must continue my learning journey and use techniques to help gain retention for terminology in this field.