Reply To: Week 8 – Discussion Board 1

Welcome To Interpreters Associates, Inc. Forums Week 8 – Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Week 8 – Discussion Board 1

Author Discussion Board Replies
Cynthia Rodriguez # Posted on November 3, 2022 at 2:37 pm

I find it interesting in the field of medical toxicology and the field of emergency medical services. What I think is interesting about medical toxicology is that you are working with different kinds of chemical, drug, biological and radiological agents and how they each have different adverse effects as well as they each have different treatment plans that might help with one patient and then with another patient that was exposed to something else, then it can make their condition worsen. What I think will be a challenge in terms of terminology is that there are a lot of different kinds of chemical, drugs and biological agents out there and memorizing all of them will be a challenge, especially when there is a new drug on the street or it is not known yet what exactly is the drug. The second area of interest is emergency medical services, as this area can be very fast paced and you have to be quick on your feet and you never know what kind of emergency you will be dealing with that day. What can be challenging about this is keeping up with the terminology that will be used for that one patient, as you do not have time to refresh yourself on that one condition.