Reply To: Week 6 – Discussion Board 2

Welcome To Interpreters Associates, Inc. Forums Week 6 – Discussion Board 2 Reply To: Week 6 – Discussion Board 2

Author Discussion Board Replies
Betty Oliver-Pinto # Posted on October 16, 2022 at 2:21 pm

The pituitary gland is the major endocrine gland it is peas sized and attached to the base of the brain. It is responsible for controlling growth and development and the functioning of the other endocrine glands.

The pituitary gland is important because it monitors and regulates body functions through the hormones it produces. This includes the growth and sexual reproductive development and the function the sexual reproductive system. As part of its importance is that when the body is in need the pituitary gland can sense it and it send signal to the other organs and glans to regulate and to maintain an appropriate level.

Without the pituitary gland your body will not be able function unless you take a medication to replace the hormone that the pituitary gland produces. If you do not have a pituitary gland, you will now grow and your sexual reproductive system will not work properly.

The pituitary gland is the responsible for numerous different hormones producing glands. A pituitary gland problem can be the result of anxiety and depression. There are reports from studies that were done on patients with a pituitary disorder that showed and reported that memory and mental confusion rage and anger. It is known to show changes int the patient’s overall sense of awareness and sense of themselves.

As I was doing research on the pituitary gland, I was impressed that a gland as small as a pea has so much to control on our bodies. Our bodies are very interesting and impressive. It amazes me that something so small has so much control.