Reply To: Week 1 – Discussion Board 1

Welcome To Interpreters Associates, Inc. Forums Week 1 – Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Week 1 – Discussion Board 1

Author Discussion Board Replies
Angela Mayfield # Posted on September 9, 2022 at 1:04 am

Hello, My name is Angela Mayfield and I Am 44 years old. I have been raised in this small rural coastal town of Coquille, Oregon. I have lived here my whole life, I have raised both my kids here, and wouldn’t have it any other way. I love to camp and go hunting and fishing. I have been born and raised in the outdoors. I have two kids, my son is 22 and my daughter is 14.Being a mom and raising my kids in my multicultural world and showing them what’s out there. My parents worked hard for what they have. I too like to instill the same values in my kids.

I work in Behavioral Health and Public Health. I speak English and Spanish as second languages. Both my parents spoke Spanish growing up. I do interpret a lot within my job for both Behavioral Health and Public Health. We have only one Spanish speaking therapist in this county and I truly wish we had more, as there is such a need here. I am taking this course to receive my certificate and would benefit from helping others in need. I am also a back up Oregon Health Plan Assister and help others receive services for medicaid. I also help translate for clients that are in need of others services and direct them to the appropriate community partners.I love being able to utilize my bilingual skills to help others that are in need. Working in this field has truly opened my eyes to the need for bilingual translators. I look forward to this class and utilizing my certificate.